- There are currently about 10.5 million powerboats registered in the U.S., almost half of which (45%) were purchased new or pre-owned during the past 5 years.
- The average powerboat is 22 years old and roughly 320,000 of them are being retired from the fleet each year.
- Last year, 76% of all powerboats were purchased pre-owned (24% New).
- 31% of the people that purchased a powerboat in 2019 were first-time-boat buyers and 37% of them own another boat (including PWC).
- Powerboat buyers tend to be well established. 74% of them are over 40 years-old; almost all own their home; and they have usually lived there for a while.
US Powerboat Market includes all recreational powerboats (including PWCs) registered in the US as of year-end 2019. Not included are sailboats and self-propelled craft such as canoes and kayaks.
Here’s a quick summary:
Additional reports for several key sub-segments of the US Powerboat Market are available. We are also able to prepare additional reports customized to your needs. Feel free to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (305)661-3030.